This article applies to Webfusion hosting packages.
This article will explain what some of the most common connection problems are that you may have when using FTP.
If you can not ftp to your webspace/website, then here are a few of the common problems.
- "Username or password incorrect"
Check your username and password against those listed in your welcome email from Webfusion, and correct any errors.
- If you have changed your password, make sure you have updated it in your FTP client.
- "Can't open data connection"
Check your connection to the Internet, and that you are allowed to use port 21.
- "Error 530" or "Not logged in"
Check all your connection settings.
If you are still having errors, please submit a support ticket by clicking on the Ask a question tab above.
Please note: You will need to upload your web site files to the following folder dependent on your package;
- Linux package: public_html
- Windows package: web/content